Putnam County Community Improvement Corporation
The Putnam County Community Improvement Corporation is the lead business development team for all communities in Putnam County. The CIC employes a Economic Development Director who is is a Certified Economic Developer in the State of Ohio and works alongside a tax specialist and officer manager to deploy development services.
A leader in workforce innovation resources:
*Labor analytics, recruitment assistance, demographics, wage/benefit surveys, and activities like human resources rountables, the Trade UP manufacturing high school pre-apprenticeship program, Business Advisory Council, earn and learn programs, and the NW Ohio Educator Bootcamp each summer.
*Collaborative employment of a full-time manager for The Workforce Partnership of Putnam County.
*Owner/manager of BUILD PUTNAM web portal connecting employers to workers and students and marketing local careers.
A Team approach to an array of business strategies:
- Business development, retention and expansion visits to hear and promote company successes and help find solutions to challenges.
- Site selection, building selection and real estate transactions for existing and new businesses.
- New business attraction proposals for local and state leads.
- Strategic planning helping businesses utilize economic development best practices.
- Infrastructure planning and grant technical assistance for communities.
- Lead for all commercial and industrial tax incentive proposals in Putnam County.
- Gateway to project-based grants and loans from JobsOhio and Ohio Department of Development.
- Administration of the Port Authority of Northwestern Ohio which can buy, sell, lease, rent and own property and buildings.